IBM, Jerusalem, Israel, 2007-present.
Project Lead, Development Manager
- Led a new product in automated information extraction for privacy protection.
- Drove the project from prototype to productization and revenue.
- At the trough of the economic crisis, found the financial support to productize an incubator project and adopt it into one of the IBM product lines.
- Developed business opportunities, defined specifications, coded key code components.
- Pioneered new directions in the semi-automated classification of large quantities of metadata using data mining techniques.
- Filed patents for ideas in the areas of data mining, information extraction, and privacy compliance.
- Evangelized the technology by publishing and speaking.
Mercury Interactive, Yehud, Israel, 2005-07. (Acquired by Hewlett Packard.)
Principal Architect (Director)
- After joining as the first cross-company architect, launched and designed the cross-portfolio integration architecture for a 700-developer company with seven product lines, including newly acquired companies.
- Gained executive buy-in and grassroots support for initiatives based on SOA and a common model, resulting in radically reduced development costs for new integrations.
- Raised company profile by speaking and publishing at leading industry forums.
- Expanded integration from Mercury across Hewlett Packard Software.
Unicorn Solutions, Jerusalem, Israel, 2001-05. (Acquired by IBM.)
Chief Software Architect.
Surf and Call Network Services, VocalTec Communications, Herzliya, Israel, 1998-2001.
- Designed next-generation semantic software for management and integration of large scale heterogeneous information systems. Coded core components and guided development team.
- Filed patents for ideas in the areas of ontology and semantics
- Researched technologies for long-term vision of the company's software.
- Sold prospects on the value of the technology.
- Drove technical aspects of corporate partnerships and provided technical due diligence on potential partnerships and acquisitions.
- Evangelized company's technology by applying to and speaking at top industry conferences and by publishing in leading journals.
Senior Software Architect.
- Designed and developed Java systems including an Internet service which allows hundreds of customers to browse the web in tandem with Call Center agents in e-commerce sites. Responsible for the server and communications protocols including firewall tunneling, clustering, and link to a Computer Telephony Interface application.
- Raised company profile by applying to and speaking at top industry conferences and by publishing in leading journals.
- Filed trademark and patents for ideas in the areas of internet collaboration, telephony, and firewall detection and tunneling.
- Led a small team of software engineers in building a logging system and process dispatcher.
Capella Computers, Tel Aviv, Israel, 1998.
- Developed a servlet-enabled multithreaded HTTP/1.1 server in Java, along with a servlet for transmitting presentations from a multimedia database over the Internet.
ELS Interactive, Jerusalem, Israel, 1998.
- Developed Windows 95 disability-access software using Borland C++Builder.
Lecturer in Semitic Philology at Hebrew University and Harvard University, 1991-1998.